Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I Enjoy Long Walks...

…at night on lonely roads while wearing cycling shoes and pushing my non-rideable bike…NOT!

Tuesday evening I went out for what was supposed to be a 2 hour ride. I rode South for about an hour then turned around. Soon I discovered my rear tire was going flat. I had a spare tube and TWO non-Genuine Innovations non-threaded cartridges of CO2. Turns out these things are worthless. They both lost all the pressure as soon as I tried to connect them to the nozzle. Long story short, I was stranded 19 miles from home and it was near dark. The road I took was a straight shot from the house, so there is not even a way to cut across anything. I called everyone whose number I had and lived within a 50 mile radius, that means my wife, but she was a work, so I had to choices: walk or ride on the rim. I did the latter for a while then the pavement got really rough so I walk for a while, then rode a little again. I made it home around 8:00 PM, hungry frustrated and tired.

Good Times!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff I use stans road tubeless system! Trust me if it holds my 185lbs I'm sure it will hold yourweight!Gregorio

Anonymous said...

Tubeless system here>


Gregorio

Jeff Herrera said...

Thanks Gregorio!
I've been thinking about giving Stan a try on the road. I have a gazillion punctured tubes at home. Darn goat head!