Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Going to the Big Show

This is it. This coming weekend we are heading to Fontana, California for the kick-off of the USA Cycling Professional Cross-Country Tour (ProXCT).
This will be my first pro race at the national level, which means I'll be hanging at the start line with National Champions, Olympic Athletes, Panamerican Medalists, upcoming starts of the sport and at least 92 other pro mountain bikers hoping to do well at this event.
This is my first top prority event of the year and one of the few races that I'll be doing this year with this talented pool of riders.
This is what I've been preparing for since October when Coach sent me my first training plan. Now several months later and just days away, all I have to do is wait 'til Sunday afternoon when I toed the line. Because I am ready! Titus set me up with a very competitive bike which has been turned into a race machine thanks to HammerHead Bike Shop and the guys at Showcase made sure everything is in working order. I hope all the support from Baja Coaching Systems and the long hours spent Training Like a Pro pay off. On Sunday I'll just hang onto my ESI Grips and keep the Kendas on the ground and rolling really fast!

Thanks to everyone for the support to get here.
I'll update you on the race after we come back.

Jeff

No comments: