Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day Two of Recovery

There have been very few changes from the day before. Pain comes and goes almost at the same rate as I take my painkillers...unfortunately I only have enough for three days.
The diet continues to be liquid.
Here is a picture of todays menu:

Some Oat meal with milk (blended) for breakfast.
Gerber Bananas for mid morning.
Vanilla Ensure before painkiller (it makes me sick if I don't have food)
Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup for lunch (Blended)
Chocolate Ensure before another painkiller in the afternoon.
Tomato soup for dinner (Not blended, yeay...oh it's the same)
Notice the glass with a straw, all of the above were consumed through a straw, even the oatmeal, yeah, it's tasty!

The major improvement of the day was that I was finally able to open my mouth just enough to "brush" my teeth. I actually was barely able to move the toothbrush inside my mouth but at the end, I felt a little cleaner, something that's been hard to achieve thus far.
I also had a jolt of energy and some curiosity so I started to clean my bike. Mostly I was looking for any breaks, but thankfully nothing major. The derrailour hanger is bent but that's won't be too expensive, I hope.


Norma talked to almost all my family and several of my friends. I only sit next to her and listen to the phone conversation. I could say a few things but it have to mumble a lot, so far Norma is the only one that can barely hear me assisted by signs and gestures, so I don't think it will be the same over the phone.
Hopefully I'll be able to talk in a couple of days.

Take care,

Jeff

No comments: