Monday, January 29, 2007

The beginning of a new week

Today was the first time since the accident that I was home-alone. No I didn't try to set the house on fire or set a bunch of traps around the house, instead I tried to have a day as close as possible to normal, normal meaning not a work day since I started by not going to work. Then I realized that a normal non-working day is a day that I spent a long time on the bike, which Norma took care of by almost making me promise her that I wouldn't go riding, so scratch that.

In the end I settled for a nice day at home without biking. I had a normal breakfast for the first time since the accident; egg whites with mushrooms and hash browns. I was able to chew almost all of it. Then I had some coffee and orange juice, both at room temperature.

Then Norma went to work and I didn't know what to do. I surfed the net, chatted with some family and friends, responded to some e-mails then I read about the Worlds Cyclocross Championship this past weekend in Belgium with a US rider taking silver for a first time...ever, then I was bored.
The doctor had told me not to take a shower until at least 48 hours from the time I got release from the Hospital, in the meantime I've been doing "cowboy showers" if you know what I mean... but today I had the clearence for a full shower and that's what I did. I also shaved part of my face because I didn't want to get too close to the stiches.
Then I put on some clothes, like actual clothes as if I was going out instead of sweat pants and t-shirts like what I've been wearing the previous days. That made me feel better, so that was the highlight of my day. I truly hope everyone else had a more exciting day than I did.

The rest of the day was back to the routine of eating through a straw (I can chew but it hurts and takes me forever), taking a nap, watching TV and taking my antibiotics.

By the way, I have one pain killer left, so I better be pain free tomorrow...well see!

Racing Update...my next race will be the 24 Hours at the Old Pueblo in Tucson and just today they announced that registration is closed which means it's going to be sold out event. Can't wait to race against the nation's best this February.

Pura Vida!

Jeff

No comments: