Friday, December 19, 2008

To Serve and Protect

In the last week, I’ve had a couple of pleasant, short interactions with police officers doing their work. The first one was last Thursday, while I was completing the last of my threshold intervals on Riggs Rd. It looked like the Gila River Indian Community Police had a speed limit operative on this section with about 6 squad card spread over a 1-2 mile stretch, but it was 10 in the morning and the traffic was low. They had one “client” on the other side of the road and as I went by with my head down trying to get through the last seconds of my interval, one of the officers jumps out of the car and yells…”you are doing 26 MPH!” I gave him a thumps up and kept going. He waved, smiled and got back in his car.
Then Today, I was riding to work on 347 and right before Riggs Rd again, two  officers from the Arizona Gang Task Force had pulled a vehicle over on the shoulder and were searching the vehicle with all doors open, therefore, I would have to merge onto 65+ MPH traffic or stop and walk around the right side. As I was starting to slow down, one of the officer saw me coming, tells the other officer and they quickly closed both  doors and moved to the front of the car then waved me to keep going. I thought it was really nice of them.

Anyway, that’s all I got.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: