Sunday, November 09, 2008

Weekend Review

This was a busy weekend. Lots of things going on in all different fronts.

Things started really well on Friday, when I came home to this.
Genuine Innovations came through for us one more time. I hope I won't need any of those during races, but based on previous history we all know I will. It's good to get this kind of support from a local company. Thank You! Genuine Innovations.

On Saturday we drove up to McDowell to watch the start of the 12 and 24 Hours of Fury. Lots of team members participating in the race. Results are not posted yet, and I haven't had a chance to talk to any of them but the 24 Hour Team was battling out with a Bicycle Haus team up until we left. While we were there, Norma and I rode up to Pemberton and completed a lap and little more, then we rode the service road to different sections of the trail to cheer on riders. At first it was odd not to be racing, but again, it also felt good to leave just after dark, grab some Sushi then sleep on our own bed.

Look at all the Adrenaline, red, white and black at the start of the 12 Hour race.

Sunday, I was scheduled to do 3 hours and the plan was to head to White Tanks and pre-ride, however with the wind advisory, we decide to keep it local. Not to mention, we would have to drive near Avondale and deal with the NASCAR traffic leaving the PIR.My 3 hours felt like two completely different rides. The first 1:45 was slow, low visibility, dusty and with a head wind with gusts up to 20MPH. The other 1:15 was all big ring action with an awesome tail wind.

Once I got home, I decided to do some cooking. Sweet Plantains and Empanadas were the afternoon project. It all turned out really good, but I am biased.

Then it was on to the next project of the weekend...

Hairy Legs...

No More...
No shaving here. Haven't shaved my legs for over two years. Waxing seems to work a lot better for me. It takes a little longer but it also lasts longer. A little painful the first time but it's worth it. Again, thanks to my wife for taking care of me.

Racing is back this week with the White Tanks race on Saturday.

Ciao!

No comments: