Monday, March 05, 2007

Got Tires!!!

Yeah, we just received our first order of Maxxis tires for this year's racing. Maxxis is our official tire sponsor for 2007.


It was hard to decide what tires to get but in the end, I decided to go with the Larsen TT Tubeless, while Norma chose the Ranchero Tubeless. The main difference between these two is the cornering effectiveness and about 20 grams more per tire. Norma likes the confidence of the bigger nobs so the Ranchero works for her. I am going to give the Larsens a try. They are light and the contact area is wider withouth affecting the rolling resistance, perfect for hard pack trails.


Another cool thing that we are getting with Maxxis is the rimstrips which will allow us to run Tubeless tires on the Giants Non-Tubeless wheels. Currently we are getting about a flat everytime we go out on a ride due to all the torns and sharp stuff that can be found on the desert, so it will be great not to deal with that. I have been running Hutchinson Python tubeless on the Trek and have yet to get a flat.

I'll post a picture of the the bikes once they are sporting their new "shoes."

Let the Pain Beging


As for my training plan, I am getting close the my first A-race which will be the NORBA National at McDowell Park, which means that I am also hitting the final stages of the training. Build I and Build II require shorter but much tougher exercises. The idea is to put my lungs, heart, legs and concentration skills through a lot of stress for short periods of time with short recoveries. After doing a series of Power and Anaerobic-Endurance exercises last Saturday for less than a couple of hours, I wished I could go back to the 4+ hours of easy endurance rides.

Oh well, there is no other way to get around it so I better get use to pain because there will be plenty of it over the next two weeks.


Pura Vida!


Jeff


No comments: